What an adventure we had the first day here! All of us visitors were getting slightly bored with just sitting around feeling jetlagged when Gene (head of household) decided it would be fun to treat all the teenagers to Adventure Land. Adventure Land is an hour drive from Brisbane on Mt. Tamborine. It is not exactly a mountain in my terms, but a very tall hill. The area around it is full of lush rain forest, although not exactly like a tropical rain forest. There are many plants and birds that certainly look tropical but it has pine trees instead of palm trees. Adventure Land is basically a very fancy and well thought out ropes course. In the US that would be a place maybe corporations would take their employees for some team building experiences. This one was huge! There were poles to climb, tarzan like ropes to swing on and scary bridges to cross...all while you are tethered to a safety line of course. I was a big chicken and didn't go (plus I saved myself $50.00). However, I was allowed to walk the whole course and took lots of pictures. It was pretty exciting just to watch everyone do the course. The family consists of Dad, Gene, Shane, age 20, Trevor, 17, and Brennen age 11. Plus Tom and Anthony went too. Those boys were like monkeys...especially Trevor and Shane. I couldn't believe how confidently they went from one thing or another. I was really really glad I didn't go. Too high for me! The pictures explain what this was all about:
from left to right: Trevor, Shane, Anthony, Tom, Gene and Brennen...they did it!
The whole course took a little over 2 hours. I got tired just running up and down the hill carrying the camera. We all had a great time. What an unexpected fun thing to do! We drove home in a rain storm and got to the Till's house in time for a delicious dinner of pulled pork that Amy had made while we were away.
No comments:
Post a Comment