May 18th and 19th were long long days. I figured we were on an airplane for 19 hours and sitting in airports and on airplanes for a total of 25 hours. I am not looking forward to the trip back! The whole journey was uneventful. I met Tom and his son, Anthony, in LA. They arrived about 15 minutes after my flight from Minneapolis. They were coming from Seattle and then Alaska. We had some trouble finding eachother because the LA airport is huge and we didn't know exactly where we were. Thank goodness for cell phones! Once we finally found eachother we checked into Quantas airlines.
Tom has been hosting Trevor at his house for the last 6 months. Trevor is from Alaska but his family is living in Australia for business. (Trevor's dad works for a company stationed in Brisbane, OZ ) So, Tom and Anthony are returning Trevor to his home in Brisbane, Oz (Oz is what the Australians call their country-don't ask my why!) A few months ago Tom asked if I would like to join them. What a special trip we are in for! We had about 4 hours of waiting in the LA International Airport before our long flight. We were all tired but camped out in the gate for our airplane...which was a huge 747 I might add!
No comments:
Post a Comment