This is an account of the trip to Australia I am taking with my brother Tom from May 18-June 6th. I hope you enjoy reading about our journey!
Sunday, 22 May 2011
Our First Full Day in Australia!
Saturday, May 21st was really our first day because I am not counting Friday. We arrived Friday, but the day was wasted because we were all so jet-lagged. That first day is a blur anyway! The first night I slept 12 hours straight. I was so comfortable all snug in my bed. I have my own room and Tom has his own room. The family we are visiting family lives in what they all a Queenslander house. That means it has a particular architectual style....tall ceilings, and lattis work inside and out. The homes are usually about 100 years old built on tall stilts. This one is very unique and attractive. The owners remodeled the inside so everything is modern and tastefully done. The hardwood floors are dark but hightly laquered...very pretty. The house is on central street in the district of Brisbane called Indooropolly. Everything is close by...schools, a grocery store, the light rail station, bus stops and even a mall. The neighborhood reminded me of Seattle neighborhoods. It is a bit hilly too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment