 |
| Heidi on the Gold Coast beach |
 |
| Anthony, Tom, Trevor & Shane |
Tom, Anthony, Trevor and Shane and I went to the beach today. We got there via trains and buses; a long day of 2 hour traveling each way. The state transportation company, Translink, has a cool website where you can type in your destination and where you are leaving from and then it will give you a play by play of where you need to go and when. Very helpful! At the beach it was sunny but not too hot and the guys went swimming and I sat on the beach and read....I never did feel the need to freeze in a swimsuit. I got to read my book (on my Kindle of course) - what a relaxing thing to do! The beach is on what Queenslanders call the Gold Coast in the city of Surfers Paradise. Picture Miami beach and that is what you get Aussie style. The sand is fine and a pretty white color and the waves were pretty big with a pull. You had to swim between the life guard flags and those weren't very far apart. I could just imagine this beach in the summer (remember it's winter here) when it gets really crowded. It was a lovely but long, day out of the house and into the sun. The sun is strong here, I had sunscreen on but can feel a bit of a sunburn. By the time we got back from the beach it was close to 6pm. I am tired now, need to get to bed and I really, really miss my family. I have been gone a complete week now.
No comments:
Post a Comment